Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Burn" - A Poem

I fight day after day

Every time it seems I lose

I gird my sword, I march to war

I try to focus on what is true

Yet my thoughts so easily fly away

They drift like a ship, broken by the sea

Shifting from wave to wave aimlessly

I wander to and fro, in the mist and the fog

Struggling to see the light, to keep to what is right

Yet so easily I seem to fall away

To search after what I think I want

Yet always come up empty

Father, I am lost, help me see

Help me remember all that You are to me

Without you I will fall and fade away with time

Take my weakness, take my frailty

Take all that would hold me back

Set me on fire, make be burn

With passion like never before

Make me run, make me race,

And never stop until I see

You there waiting, waiting for me…